Blue's Blog

    Poetry to Protect the Guilty!

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Jersey Joe


    Hey!
    Hey Jersey Joe!
    Don't you know
    This job was all I really needed?
    Keeps me out of trouble on the fight nights
    When the white flights
    Go sailing with their leader.
    Those boys sure fly high!
    I've been blinded by their sparkle,
    Wounded by their smiles,
    Their orange exiles,
    And the coolness of their marble.
    But now I'm just a working stiff
    And I ain't got a thing they think they need.
    Just got this job
    And you and me, Jersey Joe,
    Don't you know
    This job was all I needed!

    Now talk about a blizzard,
    It was Christmas eve
    And I never felt so cold against the snow.
    You know, Lucy keeps a running list
    Of places I won't go
    And a torch for all the hangouts
    Where she's been busted.
    Angel dustin' ain't my style and she knows it.
    But every time she's close enough?
    She blows it!
    Six-oh-two time headed for the stores,
    Boosting black bandannas,
    Waltzing wickedly with whores,
    Ah Lucy won't you come on home?
    I got a job now!
    Don't you know you're needed?
    Just got this job
    And you and me,
    And Jersey Joe
    Don't you know,
    This job was all I needed!

      -beau blue

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home